Welcome to the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities section of our website.
Here you will find information on the school's SEND policy and more about how our school supports children with additional needs.
All governing bodies of maintained schools and maintained nursery schools and the proprietors of academy schools have a legal duty to publish information on their website about the implementation of the governing body’s or the proprietor’s policy for pupils with SEND. The information published must be updated annually.
At Norham First School we believe that:
- All children shall be given access to a broad, balanced and well-structured curriculum including the National Curriculum suitable to their needs – by using a flexible approach;
- All children are entitled to experience success;
- Consideration of special educational needs crosses all curriculum areas and all aspects of teaching and learning;
- All special educational provision is more effective if pupils and parents are fully involved and informed;
- Good special needs practice is good practice for all pupils;
- The class teacher is responsible for meeting the special educational needs of pupils in their class within the constraints of the resources of the school;
- Special provision should relate to the individual needs of the pupil.
The people with school with specific responsibility for SEND are:
SENDCo - Miss Sarah Jones
SEND Governor - Mrs Jane Easton